Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hyuck


Here's a little rant. A little beef, if you will. A beefy little rant, as it were. There's this idea I see put forth in certain corners of our culture. It's rarely the main idea, but it's sometimes in there with the other ideas as a little side clause--a little side dish. It's out there and I think it's false, but maybe I'm just partial, but you can be the judge of that.

It is the idea that less smart people are more spiritually connected. It's the idea that life is such that the more you know the less space your brain has for the spiritual things. I think this is a bone that we have thrown to those mentally less advantaged out there. It's really not true. It's really a load of junk, but dumb people aren't smart enough to know this, so let's just let um keep thinkin it. It's all they got. Now, I don't really know if I'm dumb or smart or what. I could be dumb as a rock, but I won't kid myself into thinking this gives me a spiritual advantage. You gotta stay out there and keep learning and keep your antennae up, I think. I think people that aren't into thinking because they want to be more spiritual just don't understand what spirituality is so they pretend its something else and pretend that this something is a very deep and important part of them.

So, maybe you want me to tell you some places you might see this idea put forth. Now, keep in mind, nobody's coming out and saying it. It's sort of just sneaking itself between the lines. You can catch glimpses of it on the hallmark network, cbn, foxnews, naturally, not that I'm dissing fox news. wink wink.

Now, let me say, we probably should actually just let the dumb dumbs have their cake. Don't go peeing on their cake. We know what's up. You and me are totally smart. But not everybody else is so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment